Bring the outdoors to your tot and let them explore different elements of nature with their hands, noses, eyes, and ears. This session includes a special book, a sensory 'walk', and special nature inspired sensory bins.
Each week we engage our eyes, ears, and hands in developmentally appropriate activities designed to stimulate and support child development in the early years. Each week there is a different theme that will keep your tot entertained and learning!
When: Tuesdays, 10 am, until August 27
Ages: Targeted for tots 3 and under
Cost: Included with museum admission.
- While we would love for everyone to attend, our sessions do have a number cap to ensure quality programming. Attendance in sessions is based on a first come, first serve model.
- Structured sessions last for 30 minutes. After, there is unstructured, self-guided play time. Staff will be present to interact with tots and to monitor playtime. At 11:15 am clean up will begin. You may stay for as long as you like in the museum!
- We understand that tots might not enjoy all of our activities. If your tot is feeling fussy, please feel comfortable to walk around the museum with them until they are ready to return.
- Snacks are welcome! Please remember to keep any snacks peanut free.
- Consider purchasing a season pass to the PumpHouse! This is a great value if you plan to attend multiple Trains & Tots sessions.