Our museum is an amazing place! Let's get to know it better by exploring the very special rooms.
Each week we engage our eyes, ears, and hands in developmentally appropriate activities designed to stimulate and support child development in the early years. Each week there is a different theme that will keep your tot entertained and learning!
When: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, 10:30 am, until August 27
Ages: Targeted for tots 3 and under
Cost: Included with PumpHouse Season Pass or with museum admission.
Registration for City-operated programs is delayed until further notice as the start dates for many City programs cannot yet be determined. Please continue to browse the programs at CityofKingston.ca/PLAY - or take this opportunity to check that your account's contact information is up-to-date, set up an account and/or opt-in to receive email updates from the City.
Pre-registration is recommended. You can pre-register for this session of Trains and Tots here or with Class ID 00048138. Pre-registration is available and recommended for Season Pass holders as well.
- While we would love for everyone to attend, our sessions do have a number cap to ensure quality programming. Attendance in sessions is based on a first-come, first-serve model.
- Structured sessions last for 30 minutes. After, there is unstructured, self-guided playtime. Staff will be present to interact with tots and to monitor playtime. At 11:45 am clean up will begin. You may stay for as long as you like in the museum!
- We understand that tots might not enjoy all of our activities. If your tot is feeling fussy, please feel comfortable to walk around the museum with them until they are ready to return.
- Snacks are currently not permitted.
- Consider purchasing a season pass to the PumpHouse! This is a great value if you plan to attend multiple Trains & Tots sessions.