Updated December 22, 2020
In accordance with the Provincewide Shutdown the PumpHouse museum is closed to the public. We look forward to welcoming you back to the PumpHouse soon and remain committed to following reopening directions as they are received from the Province of Ontario, KFLA Public Health and the City of Kingston.
The safety of our visitors and our staff remains our first priority. We have updated our cleaning and tour processes and want to share with you some of the things we are doing as part of our commitment to safety. We also want you to have the information you need to plan for your visit and so you know what to expect when you arrive at our site.
Everyone entering the PumpHouse must:
- ALL GUESTS ATTENDING ANY TOUR OR PROGRAM MUST WEAR A FACE COVERING THAT COVERS THE MOUTH, NOSE AND CHIN.
- Use the designated entry point to access the building (front door facing Ontario Street.)
- Use hand sanitizer.
- Review of Occupational Health screening questions.
- Sign a login sheet to indicate they have answered “No” to the screening questions.
Site Visitors Entry/Exit
- Visitors are required to enter the site using the front door.
- At this door visitors must use hand-sanitizer and sign in (acknowledging the questions placed on the sign-in station).
- They will be met there by their Tour Guide who will direct them to gather in front of the boilers where they will review safety protocols with them.
- Visitors must wear a face covering while inside the museum that covers the mouth, nose and chin.
- Visitors will exit the site using the rear door in the glassed atrium.
General Site Cleaning
The PumpHouse will continue to be cleaned three times a week by our contracted cleaning service. In addition to this cleaning, we will surface clean the site at the start and close of each tour day. We will also clean high contact surfaces between tour groups.
High Contact Cleaning
High contact interactives such as buttons, tables, stools and dials will be sanitized after every site tour. Plexiglass, handles and other features will be cleaned at least twice daily.
A safety plan for the site is available upon request in keeping with the Ontario COVID-19 response framework.
For more information on the COVID-19 situation, please visit the City of Kingston website.