COVID-19 Safety Protocols
We remain committed to following Health and Safety directions as they are received from the Province, KFL&A Public Health, and the City of Kingston.
The safety of our visitors and our staff remains our first priority. We have updated our cleaning and tour processes and want to share with you some of the things we are doing as part of our commitment to safety. We also want you to have the information you need to plan for your visit and so you know what to expect when you arrive at our site.
A safety plan is available for staff and visitors in keeping with Ontario's COVID-19 response framework.
VISITING THE PUMPHOUSE
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
- Visitors are welcome to wear masks at their discretion.
- Proof of vaccination is no longer required.
- Hand sanitizer and masks will continue to be provided at the entrances.
- PumpHouse employees and volunteers will continue to follow the City of Kingston's policies on masking and social distancing.
GENERAL SITE CLEANING
The PumpHouse will continue to be cleaned three times a week by our contracted cleaning service. In addition to this cleaning, we will surface clean the site at the start and close of each tour day. We will also clean high contact surfaces between tour groups.
HIGH CONTACT CLEANING
High contact interactives such as buttons, tables, stools, and dials will be sanitized after every children's program and museum tour. Plexiglass handles and other features will be cleaned regularly.
For more information about COVID-19 with respect to the Kingston area, please visit the City of Kingston website.
Find answers to your COVID-19 questions with Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington (KFL&A) Public Health.