All guests attending a PumpHouse Museum Site Tour or an Ontario Street Walking Tour must wear a face covering to participate.
Covid-19 Re-opening Protocols
We are excited to be able to reopen our museum under Phase 2 of the Province’s reopening plan. The safety of our visitors and our staff remains our first priority. We have updated our cleaning and tour processes and want to share with you some of the things we are doing as part of our commitment to safety. We also want you to have the information you need to plan for your visit and so you know what to expect when you arrive at our site.
ALL GUESTS ATTENDING ANY TOUR MUST WEAR A FACE COVERING.
Everyone entering the PumpHouse must:
- Use the signed designated entry point
- Use hand sanitizer.
- Review of Occupational Health screening questions.
- Sign a login sheet to indicate they have answered “No” to the screening questions.
Site Visitors Entry/Exit
- Visitors are required to enter the site using the front door.
- At this door visitors must use hand-sanitizer and sign in (acknowledging the questions placed on the sign-in station).
- They will be met there by their Tour Guide who will direct them to gather in front of the boilers where they will review safety protocols with them.
- Visitors must wear a face covering while inside the museum.
- Visitors will exit the site using the rear door in the glassed atrium.
Walking Tour Visitors Entry/Exit
- Walking Tour visitors will not be allowed to access the site.
- Walking Tour visitors will assemble in the rear yard of the PumpHouse, at a group number of their choosing.
- They will be met there by their Tour Guide who will review safety protocols with them.
- Walking Tour visitors must use hand-sanitizer and sign in (acknowledging the questions placed on the sign-in station).
- All visitors must wear a face covering while on tour.
- The Walking Tour will return to and conclude in the rear yard.
- Walking Tour visitors will only have access to the exterior washroom.
General Site Cleaning
The PumpHouse will continue to be cleaned three times a week by our contracted cleaning service. In addition to this cleaning, we will surface clean the site at the start and close of each tour day. We will also clean high contact surfaces between tour groups.
High Contact Cleaning
High contact interactives such as buttons, tables, stools and dials will be sanitized after every site tour. Plexiglass, handles and other features will be cleaned at least twice daily.
For more information on the COVID-19 situation, please visit the City of Kingston website.